It’s not easy posting pictures of my stomach and thighs on the internet. It’s a little humorous that I would say that after 5,000 people have watched me give birth. Despite that, it feels vulnerable to post revealing photos. I’m sure we’ve all hated that picture with friends that someone else tagged on Facebook where we don’t like the way we look.
My attitude has changed a little bit over the last year that I’ve been participating in the 8-week Whole Life Challenge. It’s a fun and motivating online game where you and team members track nutrition, exercise, stretching, taking your vitamins and drinking water every day. Once I committed to the Challenge, I didn’t mind sharing my before and after pictures with the world. I was proud of the progress I made and 8 weeks is long enough to build some really good habits.
I’ve learned sugar is NOT my friend and become really aware of how much water I really should be drinking and how when I do, I feel better. I’ve learned that achieving wellness means many things. Sometimes it means inches lost or running a half mile faster than you could 8 weeks ago. Sometimes wellness means staying in touch, encouraging teammates and getting encouragement right back.
It also provides appropriate modifications for pregnant and nursing moms.
Here’s what is involved:
These 7 Daily Habits are:
- Nutrition. Your food choices have the single greatest impact on your health, well-being, and community. When you make choices that keep you healthy, you give yourself the fuel to fulfill all of who you are.
- Exercise. Humans are designed to move daily. Whether through workouts, activity, or simply enjoying the full use of your body, daily movement keeps you healthy and vital.
- Mobility. In a sedentary world, our bodies get stuck. Daily mobility and stretching helps you move the way nature intended and continue enjoying freedom of movement into your later years.
- Sleep. Modern schedules tend to dictate how many hours of sleep we’re entitled to. A practice of increasing that time, even by a little bit, can make big strides in robust health.
- Hydration. More than anything, your body is made of water. This habit ensures that your body gets enough of its most basic resources for life.
- Lifestyle Practice. These weekly practices turn a life into your life. Learn to step back, take stock, connect, and turn your attention to what is really important to you.
- Reflection. Looking back, looking inward, or looking forward, daily reflection draws your awareness to what is working and what needs your attention today.
You’re invited to go on an 8 week journey with me! CLICK HERE to Join our Natural Mom team for the next challenge starting May 7!
Whitney is a Holistic Health Coach (LiveWithStrength.com) who teaches moms how to live a healthy, balanced life while loving their bodies and themselves. She spends her days experimenting in the kitchen, reading, and soaking up the sunshine with her daughter Bea. This is her 6th WLC!
We will sharing recipes, organizing meetups and healthy potlucks, both on the WLC site and on our private Facebook group. Though Denver moms have a few more opportunities for face to face, this game is mostly virtual and can be played with any mom friends from around the world!
And since I talked about having the guts to post some pictures, here they are.